Monday, July 27, 2009

Eat This, Not That (DUH) - Part I


Oh Dear Sister! Look, we're both trying to lose weight right now, get healthier, be more active, all that jazz. So why don't we offer some of our best dieting and fitness tips? No, not the crappy, useless ones you'll find on all those *other* sites, but really useful, helpful information for real women, you know? I'll start...

1. Calling it "aioli" doesn't mask the fact that you're eating mayonnaise. And slathering it on a calorically deprived fungus for a "healthy" sandwich fools no one. Not even those fries sitting next to it on the plate. (Mmm...fries...)

2. Cheese does not have it's own category on the food pyramid. I even looked underneath. Nope, not there. But don't you wish it was, Dear Sister?

Oh, dear Sister, I agree - if only cheese fries had it's own category, it would be like the best of both worlds. Alas, my pining is for naught, so I will add two of my own fun weight loss tips:

3. Despite the fact that you should have at least 3 servings of grain and protein each day, that does not equal eating half a pizza by yourself at 10pm.

4. If after running to catch your bus you need a cool down and a fresh change of clothes, that should probably not be the only time you run during the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both are just so funny!
We all need to watch it--me too
vickie

DON'T to my cooking blog- I'm kind of ashamed.

indydave said...

Where can I get that sandwich? It looks yummers.

Anonymous said...

Tastes like burning....priceless.