Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mirror, mirror on the...er, table?

Dear Sister,
I saw this and immediately thought of you and your love of mirrored furniture. I mean, what could be better than the ability to play ping pong while seeing the reflection of the world around you...too bad this fabulous apartment addition is stuck as part of of the "Reflection" exhibit by Argentinian artist Rirkrit Tiravanija at the Nyehaus Gallery in New York. One can dream, sis, one can dream.

Oh dear sister, I knew Rirkit was going to pull something like this! The last time we talked - at the Galerie für Zeitgenössische Kunst in Leipzig - I challenged him to, and I quote, "Reflect on the sport made popular by Hamley's of Regent Street." Little did I know he'd take me so literally!

I must say, I'm slightly embarassed, but just a tiny bit flattered...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' the tree reflection would be a distraction and what if a real bird flew over the mirrored table !! Would you go for the ball or the birdie :) hahaha

KyleJ19 said...

I see punitive lawsuit potential all over this one ;)